DC-CAR Forum

Alles zum Modellautobau mit dem DC-Car Decoder
Aktuelle Zeit: Freitag 29. März 2024, 14:24

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Englische Videos uber DCcar
BeitragVerfasst: Montag 3. August 2009, 21:17 

Hi all

I have posted a video on Youtube with some explanation in English. Perhaps of interest to you. Follow this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtcnOlvSI9o

or search "DCcar England"

Ich habe ein neues video auf Youtube mit Erklarungen in Englisch. Vielleicht is es interessant fur Sie!

Ray

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: Montag 3. August 2009, 22:08 

Hi Ray,

nice video and explaining.

I don't understand the function of your automatic layout. Please tell me more.

Regards,

Joerg

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: Dienstag 4. August 2009, 14:50 

Hi Joerg

I have spent a lot of time trying to work out the best way of operating the vehicles on my layout. Changes may still be made! A funktionsbaustein is used but in hindsight, computer control might have been easier!

I had two main points to consider:

1. DCcar is very good for ordinary roads where the traffic is two way. On my layout the vehicles use one track, running in opposite directions so control was needed.

2. The layout will attend different exhibitions where there is different lighting and I have to be sure that the vehicles will stop! The infra red does not always respond if there is too much ambient light so I have built modified stopstelles to act as a backup which also switch the LEDs on or off.

I created a sequence of events so that vehicles travel from one stopstelle to another. It works like this:
1. Vehicle approaches a stopstelle and operates a reed switch using the lenkstange magnet.
2. This operates a delay timer.
3. The vehicle then stops at the stop, stopped by infrared stop and maybe blinker off. (Stop stelle will operate the reed switch on the vehicle if the vehicle does not respond to the infrared - but it will not turn off the blinker!)
4. The timer activates and turns the stopstelle off at a different place setting another vehicle on its way. The switches on the stopstelle change the infrared signal from stop and right blinker off to left blinker on only.

The baustein sends all eight signals in rapid succession so you can use any number on one LED as long as the instructions do not conflict (e.g. headlight on and headlight off!)

Look at the video and you will see the MB 0303 coach leave and go to the far end of the layout where it operates the reed switch before stopping. With a short delay the MB 0405 bus departs when the stopstelle is released.

So here is the stopstelle design! I use a Fulgurex Point (Weiche) motor and have added a lever with a cylinder magnet like those used on doors for security. It is usually in the up position but the timer lowers it for a short period of time. At the same time the switches change the signals coming from the LEDs. Here is a picture of the point motor modification!

Bild

I hope this is clear and if you can understand this your English is very good!

Ray

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: Dienstag 4. August 2009, 22:42 

Hi Ray,

thank you for further information.

I understand all your explanation. Your description is easy to read. I think, anyone understand it.

Regards,

Joerg

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde